Shillong Teer is a popular traditional archery-based lottery game that is primarily played in the Indian state of Meghalaya, with Shillong being its capital. The game is unique in that it combines elements of archery with a form of betting. Here’s how Shillong Teer works:
- Archery Game: Shillong Teer is essentially an archery game. It is played by a group of archers who shoot arrows at a designated target. The target typically consists of a wooden board with numbers from 1 to 100 marked on it.
- Two Rounds: The game Shillong Teer Common Numbers is played in two rounds each day, typically in the afternoon. The first round involves shooting a predetermined number of arrows at the target, followed by a second round with a different set of arrows.
- Betting: People interested in participating in Shillong Teer can place bets on the outcome of the game. They can bet on specific numbers, combinations of numbers, or other betting options, much like a traditional lottery.
- Results: After both rounds of archery are completed, the results are announced. The number of arrows that have hit each number on the target board is counted. The result is typically displayed in the format of two numbers. For example, if the count for the first round is 20 and for the second round is 15, the result for the day is “20-15.”
- Payouts: Payouts are made to participants based on the accuracy of their bets. The payout rates can vary depending on the specific betting option and the rules of the local Teer association.
- Local Teer Associations: Shillong Teer is regulated by various local Teer associations in Meghalaya. These associations are responsible for organizing and conducting the game, as well as determining the rules and payouts.
Shillong Teer has gained popularity not only as a form of entertainment but also as a source of livelihood for many individuals involved in archery and betting. While it is a legal and regulated activity within Meghalaya, it’s important for participants to understand the rules and regulations set by the local Teer associations.
Please note that the game of Shillong Teer is specific to the region of Meghalaya and may not be widely known or played in other parts of India or the world.